Saturday, August 18, 2007

Fried ice cream?!

Wow, check this out. While searching for some of the more obscure things to do with ice cream I came across fried ice cream.. that's right, fried ice cream!

Apparently this rare dish is popular in mexican cuisine as well as Chinese and Japanese resteraunts in the U.S.

It is made by taking a scoop of ice cream which has been frozen at a very low temperature (even for ice cream), rolling in cornflakes or cookie crumbs and then briefly deep frying! The extremely low temperature of the ice cream prevents it from melting while being fried.

There you have it, strange but true! I haven't tried it yet myself but I imagine the extreme hot and cold temperatures would be very weird and it's probably quite hard to get right without melting the ice cream. Interesting none-the-less.





Share This Post

Digg This Add To Del.icio.us Add To Furl Add To Reddit Fav This With Technorati Add To Yahoo MyWeb Add To Newsvine Add To Google Bookmarks Add To Bloglines Add To Ask Add To Windows Live Add To Slashdot Stumble This

1 comment:

Kirimaru said...

This is great. I am working on a marketing strategy for this kind of food in my local market. Can I please use your picture and your recipe as a reference to our report? Please let me know if you could give us the rights of using this as a reference in our studying. Thank you very much.
Jane Tran